Walking Worthy | Walking Worthy: Walking Worthy
Image Map

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Walking Worthy

Who am I? Why do I write? What is my purpose here? These are questions I have been wrestling with for some time now on this blog.

I never forget the day I realized I was having an identity crisis. I was a senior in college getting ready to graduate and I had no clue what I wanted to do in life and I realized my identity had been wrapped up in things that were not based on Christ.

That time in my life was more painful than I would like to admit to anyone. A year of what should have been celebration was filled with hurt and pain and depression.

But GOD. (It's one of my favorite phrases in the Bible, because it means He is about to do something incredible)

Oh the sweetness of a God who would pursue me while I was in the pit of despair. He wrapped me up and taught me what it meant to pursue Him, live for Him, and walk in a manner worthy of Him.

That is my daily pursuit to walk in a manner worthy of Christ. I want that to translate here on my blog and recently I have felt so lost in what to write. At times I have felt I had nothing to say.

Today I am reminded of my pursuit of Christ. If I would simply take a moment and realize I can't pursue anything other than Him. I must follow Him daily in the big and small things. So it looks like things are about to change around here. The content of what I write is going to focus on the pursuit of Christ in the everyday. We don't need more Christian writers pursuing themselves or fame and glory. We need someone to stand up and walk in a manner worthy of the gospel. That is what makes my heart beat.

I would love for you to join me. Maybe you are like me and you have felt lost in this world that tells you to pursue fame and glory. You are confused by the message that you must strive to be known and be the next big thing. Come with me as we look at what it means to pursue Christ daily in a quite practical way. What does it look like to be a follower of Christ in a world that tells you to strive after yourself. Spoiler Alert: that doesn't mean you can't be famous, but it is all about what you do with what you have been given.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment