My Day at the Botanical Gardens | Walking Worthy: My Day at the Botanical Gardens
Image Map

Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Day at the Botanical Gardens

Saturday I did one of my favorite things. I spent and hour or more at the Botanical Gardens. I first found these gardens when I was a poor Seminary student. I had driven past the garden before, but assumed it would cost alot of money to go in. Boy was I wrong, I later found out that it is free to walk around the gardens. Since then I spend at least an hour once every spring, exploring the gardens.


I am sad to say, that I missed the hydrangea blooms, they are my favorite. The roses however were quite beautiful...let me show you some of my favorites from today! Enjoy!
As you can tell it was a busy day. I didn't think I was going to find a parking spot! I saw weddings, brides getting their portraits made, families taking pictures, picnics. I think everyone felt like I did: ready to be outside!
I love the walkway below. I cannot wait to get some family shots underneath. I think it would make for a fabulous pic!
I love the bright color in this one. I also love how full the blossoms are!

The daisy pictures are for my mom. Mom, I was thinking of you when I saw these!

The yellow roses below were the most beautiful in the garden. The blossoms were full. They remind me of my grandma. Mema, I know you would approve of these!

I love the bright colors and the softness of the petals that I was able to capture in this one.

The pink rose below is one of my favorites. I love the depth you see with the leaves and the depth in the petals.

I think one really is my favorite. I wish I could tell you that I used the light in this one on purpose, but I didn't. However, I now love it and wish I had spent more time playing with the light on this one!

Okay, now that I have shown you my favorites, which one is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! What an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the Iris were my favorites, but then I saw the daisys. I can't make up my mind. You took such beautiful photos. Yea for Spring Time.

    ReplyDelete