Memorial Day: A Flashback | Walking Worthy: Memorial Day: A Flashback
Image Map

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day: A Flashback

Memorial Day two years ago started off like any day. I slept in (best I ever sleep in) and my Lovie asked me out to lunch. No biggie just Chick-fil-a. By the end of the evening we were celebrating with friends and family over the ring he had just slipped on my finger. I shared all the details of that day here.
The planning began. And I finally understood that stress that I had watched so many of my friends deal with as they planned their wedding. I didn't really understand it until it happened to me. Learning to balance pleasing your family and pleasing your future husband. It was hard and awesome at the same time.
I spent much time in awe of what God was doing. In awe of how He was blessing us. We were blessed by four different showers. Yes, four. My living room and bedroom were filled with presents. If I had not been so blessed by the overflowing love we were being shown, I might have felt a little embarrassed.
If I were honest I would tell you singleness was something I struggled with. Greg and I dated for 3 1/2 years. I knew for a very long time that He was the man that God had for me. But I also knew that God had asked us to wait for marriage. He had said yes, but not yet. That waiting was painful at times. It hurt to answer the questions about when we were going to get married.

January of 2011, something changed. Without speaking it to each other, God confirmed in both of our hearts that the wait was coming to an end. And for me He started moving in my heart in news ways and and breaking down barriers.
Once the Lord confirmed the time was near. I became so antsy. I was ready. On my birthday, Greg took me down memory lane. He took me to where we first met, where we had our first date. I tried so hard to not get my hopes up. I didn't want to be mad if he didn't propose. At the end of the night I didn't walk away with a ring on. I tried so hard to not be disappointed. It's hard to trust in the Lord with His timing doesn't match yours.

In this the Lord showed me how I could trust Him. How I could trust His timing. He reminded me just how faithful He is. I do not know why I am still amazed when He works out things perfectly in His way. I do not know why I still doubt Him sometimes.

I pray that my story encourages you. Please know that God's timing is perfect. He will work out all the details. He knows best. You can trust Him.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment