25 Ain't So Bad! | Walking Worthy: 25 Ain't So Bad!
Image Map

Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Ain't So Bad!

WOW! I am completely overwhelmed after my birthday festivities! Can I tell you that I have the best friends ever! I also have the bestest boyfriend in the whole wide world! Let me start at the beginning.

Wednesday night I came over after half a day at work. I went in late because of all the ice. I walked in and immediately my nostrils were filled with the most heavenly smell. Allyson...I said, what is that? Your birthday cake...she said! Oh boy, was I excited! I love me some cake.

Ta da! Here is Allyson's creation! Funfetti cake! Oh boy!

Can you tell how excited I am?? Allyson even sang me Happy Birthday!
Well I went to sleep. With a belly very full of cake. The next morning I woke up and went to work. Randi, the girl I am replacing at work brought me Starbucks. Then Randi and the rest of the girls in my office took me to lunch at La Madeleine. Then that afternoon I got the best surprise ever... let me show you what came for me!

Umm yeah! Are they not the most beautiful flowers!! I seriously almost cried right there in my office when I read the card. These beautiful miniature roses came from my office family in the Registrar's Office. Now when I worked in the Registrar's Office I always knew my birthday would be special. I was really sad I wasn't getting to celebrate with them this year. They did not disappoint though! I was so overwhelmed by their friendship and love. I am so grateful for my office family! Love you guys!

So after that amazing day, I came home. I knew I was having dinner with one of my best friends...Ashley and my roommate Allyson. Greg surprised me when I got home. He walked into my apartment carrying this huge present. He handed it to me. I about dropped it on the floor. What was it you wonder? Well let me show you!

Ummm. YEAH! My parents bought me a Wii for Christmas. And Greg bought me the Wii Fit for my birthday!! Isn't he the best?? I sure think so!

Well, Ashley got to my apartment. And we got ready to leave for dinner. Where does a birthday girl choose to go for dinner?? I'm so glad you asked...Zio's! Oh yes, I had not been there since college. My taste buds were overwhelmed with Crispy shrimp, linguine, butter, parsley (fresh of course), freshly chopped garlic. Oh boy was it amazing. It fact it was so amazing I woke up the next day and could still taste garlic in my mouth (yes I brushed my teeth before I went to bed). Here are pics from the night.

Allyson, Ashlee, and Ashley (and baby Pelter in Ashley's belly)

My birthday Sundae! YUUUMMM!
The next morning I awoke. Very thankful for such a great birthday...um but apparently it wasn't over yet. When I opened my door that morning, this is what I found...


Ohhh. A big bag that says Happy Birthday. I wonder what is in it?? Hummm.....let's look inside.

What is it? Umm that would be my lunch for the day. A salad, strawberries with fruit dip, Tomato and roasted red pepper soup, and a piece of birthday cake! Yeah it was the best lunch ever! And...Allyson bought me these cool containers from the Container Store! A salad container with a place for dressing. The fruit dip container had a special place in the center for the dip with a lid for the dip. Um yeah I was really impressed and excited.
So I went to work, had my amazing lunch, battled traffic on my way home knowing I had a hot date that night...yep with Gregory. He wouldn't tell me where we were going...I love surprises!
Greg came and picked me up and we went on our way. All the time I was trying to figure out where he was taking me. So where was the place?? Ohh it was an amazing choice I got so excited when We drove in....Shogun! OH Buddy! They have the best fried rice, the best veggies, okay, so everything they have is the best!!! Then, he took me to see a movie. What a great night!
I am so full, I may not ever eat again. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make my birthday special! You are the best ever!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your birthday was the best. Love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete