Stupid Frustrations | Walking Worthy: Stupid Frustrations
Image Map

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stupid Frustrations

Why do I let dumb things bother me? Why do I let them ruin a perfectly fabulous day?

Today I started my new job. It was great. I got my new e-mail address. Worked in a new program on the computer. Revised an organizational chart. Met lots of new people. Had lunch in the work room. Met with my new boss. I got in my car and traveled to my apartment.

All day I have been looking forward to working out at the gym at my new apartment. While my parents were here they bought me a card so I can workout. Let me include I have not been to the gym in over a MONTH. If you know me this is completely crazy! I usually go several times a week. It is how I get my "me time." Well my body has been craving a good workout. So today after work was going to be the day. How better to finish off a great first day of work than hit the gym and get a great workout!

So I came home, changed clothes, got my water bottle, and put my new ipod in my new ipod workout band. Ran out to my car, hit my keyless entry button, and then nothing happened. It refused to work. The green light was going off, but my car was not responding. I shook it, hit it with my hand, banged it against my car. NOTHING. I went and dug through my room looking for my "back up," and it refused to work as well!!!! Immediately I started fuming! My brain sounded like Taz from Looney Tunes.

So, now I am sitting in my apartment, still mad, dressed in my workout clothes, wondering why I let this small thing bother me. Yet I can still feel anger radiating out of my body. So I'm going to sit here and try to talk myself out of being mad about something I know is dumb. Yeah I know it's a stupid frustration!!!

2 comments:

  1. Go take a run around your block little lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you left so quickly. I hope you got your car fixed! If you can't workout at the gym try this website:

    www.crossfitendurance.com

    You can always try tempo runs, or interval training to get a good natural workout. Or better yet, even easier, is to go distance running. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete